Nutrition(for 2 tacos & 1/2 cup of slaw on side: Cals 292|Protein 18.4g|Carbs 38.8g|Fat 8.9g
I LOVE FISH TACOS. By far my favorite thing to try around town or when traveling somewhere near the ocean. This recipe brings the tropical vacay right to your kitchen.
Ingredients (makes 8 tacos):
•2 fresh tuna steaks [I buy my fish from Ellwood Thompson's]
•1 tbsp coconut oil
•1 tbsp chipotle paste
•1 tbsp fresh lime juice
•2 cups Trader Joe's organic broccoli slaw [you can make this on your own by shredding red cabbage & broccoli]
•1/2 cup peeled & shredded carrot
•1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
•2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
•1 tbsp organic honey
•sea salt & ground pepper to taste
•1 medium avocado, peeled & pitted
•1/3 cup Siggi's plain yogurt
•2 tbsp chopped cilantro
•2 tbsp fresh lime juice
•8 corn tortillas, warmed in oven
•1 cup diced tomatoes
•1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
•lime wedges for serving
1. Slaw- In large bowl, mix broccoli slaw, carrots, jalapeno, vinegar & honey together. Set aside.
2. Avocado crema- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Adjust to taste with seasoning.
3. Fish- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high. In bowl, combine oil, chipotle, salt/pepper & lime juice and brush on both sides of fish. Place on grill for 3-4 minutes on each side until grill marks develop on fish (adjust to liking). Shred into bite-size pieces.
4. Fill each warm tortilla with pieces of fish, a small amount of slaw, lime crema, diced tomatoes & cilantro leaves.
5. Serve with lime wedges & remaining slaw on side.