Nutrition: Cals 501 | Protein 34g | Carbs 51 | Fat 25
Life is crazy. Not many of us have an hour+ to prepare a nutritious meal. That's where my favorite quick & easy protein bowls come in...
•1 tbsp. of coconut oil
•1 1/2 cups of Trader Joe's cut butternut squash
•1 oz red onion, chopped
•1/2 jalapeno, chopped
•1 tbsp. sliced Almonds (I used Fresh Gourmet Sliced Almonds-Toasted)
•4 oz pan seared salmon
•3 oz grape tomatoes
•1 tbsp. light feta cheese (I used Trader Joe's brand)
•1 green onion, chopped, for garnish
•1 tbsp. of my homemade green goddess dressing
•1 tbsp. of sriracha
1. Melt 1/2 tbsp. of coconut oil in pan over medium heat
2. Add chopped onion and jalapeno. Sauté for 3 minutes, adding a pinch of salt/pepper
3. Add cut butternut squash to pan and let cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add 2 tbsp. of water then cover for 10 minutes
5. While you wait for the butternut squash to cook, pan sear salmon in 1/2 tbsp. of coconut oil
6. Remove lid from pan and allow the butternut squash to brown a little
7. Place butternut squash in a bowl, top with salmon, add feta cheese, grape tomatoes, sliced almonds, green onion and drizzle green goddess dressing/sriracha over top.