THIS BANANA BREAD IS INSANEEEEE... it's so moist & heavenly. I want it every morning for breakfast covered in almond butter. I kept sneaking into the fridge for more. YUM!
Ingredients (makes 12 slices)
•3/4c coconut flour
•1/2 tsp baking soda
•1 tsp cinnamon
•a dash of sea salt
•1/4c coconut flakes
•2 tbsp Navitas Natural cacao powder
•10 Amazi plantain chips
•1/3c coconut butter (can substitute coconut oil)
•1 tbsp vanilla extract
•3 medium ripe bananas
•1/3c raw honey
1. Preheat the oven to 325F and lightly oil your bread pan.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and set aside.
3. Mash the bananas in a small bowl.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the coconut butter and honey on the stove top.
5. Finally, mix together all ingredients including the ones that you have not yet touched and the ones that you have set aside. Mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour into the bread pan and sprinkle extra shredded coconut over the loaf if you desire. I also added my favorite Amazi plantain chips.
7. Bake for 1hr and 10 minutes. Remove from the oven insert a toothpick into the loaf. If it does not come out cleanly, return the bread to the over for another 10 minutes and check again. Continue until the toothpick removes cleanly.